Sunday, October 26, 2014

Getting Ready for Another NaNoWriMo!

I've decided to participate in National Novel Writing Month, aka NaNoWriMo, once again this year. And this time I'm determined to complete a first draft within the time allotted! I'm in a much better place for that than I've been in past years,because lately I've actually been doing writing exercises!

A 3 year old friend of Henry's gave me a set of Rory's Story Cubes a bit ago. Lately I've been using them I as a daily writing exercise! The story cubes, if you don't know, are essentially a set of 9 picture dice that are meant to inspire story telling games. The set I have is the 'voyages' theme so it has lots of unusual objects and creatures.

I've been hand-writing these exercises, and I intend to hand-write during NaNoWriMo as well. I used to always hand-write my first draft and then type the second one. I feel a return to that habit well get my creative juices flowing better.

And I also have a kick-as fantasy plot ready for this second novel if mine. I can't wait to get started!

Related posts:
A Novel Accomplishment
My Goal for NaNoWriMo
NaNoWriMo 2013 Wrap-Up (A Little Early) NaNoWriMo Wrap-Up and More! (2012)

No comments: