Saturday, July 19, 2014

DIY Personal Care Products



Thanks to some of my fellow Young Living members who recently had a DIY class, I now know how to make my own deodorant, bug spray, and hand sanitizer! It was fun and easy, and I thought I'd share the recipes with you, too. (These are all made with Young Living essential oils because they're the best IMO).

Deodorant
2 Tbsp arrowroot or cornstarch
2 Tbsp baking soda
2/3 cup coconut oil
5-7 drops of essential oil (your choice)

Mix the ingredients together and store in a glass container.

Bug Spray
8 oz. water
10 drops peppermint oil
10 drops purification oil (a YL blend)
10 drops lemongrass oil (optional)

Put the water in a metal spray bottle and add the oil. Shake before using.

Hand Sanitizer
2 oz. aloe vera gel
1 oz. witch hazel (or rubbing alcohol)
5-7 drops of Thieves oil blend or lemon oil

Combine ingredients in 3 oz. bottle and shake well.

Let me know if you try making any of these and how you like them :)

Related posts:
DIY Body Lotion
Diet, Detox, and DIY Skin Care
The Story of Cosmetics

No comments: