Tuesday, December 3, 2013

I See a Purple Cat, a White Dog...


Lately Henry has been quite picky about what books he will and will not listen to. On the list of books he likes is Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See written by Bill Martin Jr. and illustrated by Eric Carle.

Image via Quill Quips

His two favorite characters in the book are the white dog and the purple cat. He often pets them and blows them kisses while we're reading the book to him, and sometimes he wants to go back to their pages to pet them s'more! So I decided that I painting of his two favorite animals from the book would just tickle him pink.



I've been working on it for a few weeks and recently finished it up. I showed him the painting when I was part-way through with the purple  cat and he smiled and waved, so I'm glad that the characters will be recognizable to him. Can't wait to see his face when he opens it up on Christmas Eve.

1 comment:

JB said...

Question, what is a poly-queer and a sex positive feminist?