Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Giving Thanks

Thanksgiving's tomorrow so I'm letting myself be lazy and just post once this week.

I had good intentions of participating in NaNoWriMo this year in order to push myself to finish the novel I started during NaNoWriMo a couple years ago, but that didn't so much happen. I wrote some, but definitely not as much as I'd hoped. But it WILL happen at some point!

Meanwhile I'm just sitting here being grateful for all of the wonderful things that have happened this year: getting married, Henry's birth, cuteness, sweetness and silliness; the many many great art shows, performances, festivals and other events I've been part of; experiencing the magic of the continued awesomeness of being Matt's partner; getting Reiki I and II attunements; getting to see my little sister for a month when she was visiting from China; figuring out that gluten intolerance was causing the stupid rash and sinus headache I  had for 6 and a half months (finally knowing how to treat it was a huge relief) being able to introduce my son to my grandfather and uncle before they passed; going to several family reunions and learning new things about my family history; moving in with my Mother-in-Law who has been a huge help with Henry; and working on a series that is totally my best work so far (you'll see 'em eventually, but not today, my friends).

Tomorrow we'll celebrate with my parents, my sole remaining blood-related grandparent, two of my brothers, Matt and Henry. I'm looking forward to a chill day with people I love. Hope your day is lovely.


2 comments:

Byron said...

Have a good one, May!

May said...

You too, Byron :)