Thursday, November 29, 2012

Fa-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La!

When I was young and forced to go to Baptist church twice a week, my favorite part of the services, which otherwise lacked aesthetic beauty, was the music. The congregation would sing, there was an orchestra, as well as special performances of singing or instrument-playing, and when I was old enough, I joined the choir. The music was the only thing that was pure enjoyment for me. Some of my favorite songs were the Christmas-themed ones, as many of them have particularly beautiful arrangements, and the songs are universally cheerful, unlike many of the other doom-and-gloom hymns we'd sometimes sing.

Another one of my musical likes is a cappella music - from Gregorian chants to the contemporary group Pentatonix, who, I was giddy to discover, sang arrangements of some of my all time favorite Christmas carols. Enjoy!

(Click here to see embedded video)
 

(Click here to see embedded video)
 
(Click here to see embedded video)
 
(Click here to see embedded video)

1 comment:

Helby said...

Love them! They were my favorite on The SingOff