Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Commission for Youth Volunteer Corps


Youth Volunteer Corps is a non-profit organization that "offers youth between the ages of 11 and 18 the opportunity to improve their community through volunteering." Last week YVC celebrated its 25th anniversary as well as a move into a historic building in Quality Hill. To commemorate the occassion, I was comissioned to paint their new headquarters.

I did most of the work at home in my studio, then worked on it live at the open house event last Monday, where the Mayor complimented my work! I wasn't able to get all the details finished in that two-hour time period however, so I finished it up in the studio last week and dropped it off yesterday.

It was exciting to be part of such a landmark event for YVC, especially since volunteering is something I feel is great experience and development for young people.

4 comments:

Tony said...

AWESOME WORK!!!

As always.

But you already know that.

May said...

Thanks, Tony :)

Superdave said...

I so like this painting.

The style of the painting so fits the group who will enjoy viewing it for many years to come.

Good job once again by a lady and artist who isn't afraid to think outside the box.

Ahhhh now just have to wait for the next piece of work from you.

May said...

Awww! Thanks so much! :)