Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Event Pics: KC Chalk & Walk Festival (2012)

So this year for the Kansas City Chalk & Walk Festival, I was one of 4 artists creating a series of pages from the Dr. Seuss book, Oh the Places You'll Go! Nicole, Beth and Natalie are awesome women and I enjoyed spending Saturday and Sunday creating with them. Plus, Amy assisted Nicole, and Matt helped me out on Sunday.


































This year, several dancers performed in Under The Sea-themed costumes, a flash mob surprised us, a violinist wandered about performing, and a hooper brought lots of hoops for children (and adults) to play with.  Most fun of all, for me, was hearing the wows and look at thats as people kept exclaiming over our drawings. That's the best part of creating in front of a live audience.








Oh, yeah, and my picture made its way in the the Kansas City Star:

Apparently that's the 3rd year I've been pictured in the Star for this very event. I vaguely remember being in one year, but I wasn't aware I'd been in there nearly every year I've taken part. It's the parasols that do it. Everyone loves them. It's the thing strangers talk to me about the most.











Random remembrance: The first time my picture was in the paper, it was from a Take Back the Night walk I led as president of Women Today at Penn State Behrend in partnership with a feminist group in a private college, also in Erie, Pennsylvania (where I earned my B.A.).


Related posts:
Event Pics: Chalk Walk in the Historic Northeast (2012)
All Star Chalk Drawing
Event Pics: SlutWalk and Chalk Drawing Demo
 

4 comments:

Helby said...

Wow, great job! Those look pretty amazing.

May said...

Thanks :)

Superdave said...

Once again you did an awesome set on a sidewalk.

Someday I will make it out when you are doing one of these to watch you in action.

May said...

That would be great :)