Thursday, September 20, 2012

Come See Me at the Kiosk Gallery Tomorrow!

 The first Artist Trading Cards I ever made

Tomorrow, Artist Trading Cards I made will be on display with ATCs made by 19 artists at the Kiosk Gallery's inaugural show. (Kiosk Gallery is inside Art Closet Studios in Westport.) The event runs from 6-9 PM, though I won't get there until closer to 7.

For those of you who don't know about them, Artist Trading Cards are a "miniature works of art about the same size as modern baseball cards... Cards are produced in various media, including dry media (pencils, pens, markers, etc.), wet media (watercolor, acrylic paints, etc.), paper media (in the form of collage, papercuts, found objects, etc.) or even metals or cloth. The cards are usually traded or exchanged." (Source)

They are really fun to make. I usually end up making a whole bunch of them in one sitting, so it's fun to actually get them out for a show. The hardest part was picking which ones to include! I kind of forgot which ones I chose, so the show will be a fun surprise for me too.

The event will also have an open mic and more! Hope to see you there :)

No comments: