Thursday, June 28, 2012

OUT HERE NOW Short Film Competition - Free Screening Tonight!


Tonight is the OUT HERE NOW Short Film Competition at the KC Gay & Lesbian Film Festival. This is the event I've curated for 2 years now, and is coming back for the 5th year at the festival. This is a free event featuring 5 short films under 15 minutes. The audience will vote for their favorite film and the winning director will receive a cash prize.


I'm really excited about these films. I had a lot of submissions this year, from local and international directors, and I was very impressed by the ones I selected. As I said in my article in the recent issue of CAMP Magazine:

As curator, I look for short films that tell a complete story, are visually interesting, and embody a poignant or important LGBT narrative. This year’s finalists are:
  • On the Seventh Day (A woman’s daily routine is radically switched up on Saturdays.) 
  • The Men’s Room (An encounter in a park bathroom goes in an unexpected direction.)
  • Coffee and Pie (Not your average lesbian break-up.) 
  • Fierce (A trans woman stands up to her father, despite his machismo and judgment.) 
  • Nothing Happened (Two best friends share a deeper moment. Will it change things between them?) 

Tonight at the Tivoli, 6 PM. Hope to see you there! It would really make my day to see a lot of people there, especially since I have to go to my uncle's memorial afterwards =\

Also, if you haven't yet, check out our short film project by clicking the purdy picture below, and help contribute to the creation of a local LGBT short film.


Related posts:
OUT HERE NOW 2012 Kansas City Gay & Lesbian Film Festival
Free Screening of THE RIGHT TO LOVE
Volunteering with KC Gay Film Fest

No comments: