Tuesday, June 26, 2012

May Deals with Death

I'm really sad because my paternal grandpa died Thursday from a heart attack, and then my dad's younger brother George committed suicide, apparently that same day. My dad and older brother #2 found him the next day, after his son mentioned that he hadn't contacted him about our grandpa and hadn't shown up to or called in to work.

I'm feeling really overwhelmed, especially since this happened at a time when I had so many commitments, though I have been taking a lot of time off from the Film Festival because of it. My grandpa's funeral was yesterday and the memorial/wake for my uncle is Thursday. Doing a lot of crying this week. Though I'm so grateful that I was able to introduce Henry to both of them before they died.

This picture was taken on New Year's Day 2012. It's the last one of all of us with both of them in it.


This is my grandpa & grandma with Henry:


This is my Uncle George with Henry:


I'm glad I've been picture crazy with Henry & relatives lately. These are so precious to me now.


3 comments:

Byron said...

Dear May, I am sorry for your loss. Phyllis & I offer our condolences. We are thinking of you during this difficult time.

Superdave said...

Sorry to hear of your losses. I know it hurts but Henry is your focus point now and a huge part of life today. Sad when we lose someone close but happy when someone close to us is born.

Joe Pontillo said...

I'm sorry to hear about your losses. I, and all your friends, are here to support you.