Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Event Pics: Chalk Walk in the Historic Northeast (2012)




I'm glad I've been feeling more myself lately in regards to energy level and getting-things-done-ness, because I forgot just how much effort and physical endurance these chalking events take!



Even though I worked on a team with 3 other women - Nicole, Beth, and Natalie - I was still exhausted by the end of the day on Saturday, when we finished our drawing inspired by a 1950s Mary Blair illustration.




It was nice to be out of the house and enjoying the beautiful weather. I got a bit of a sunburn, mostly on my lower back, where I neglected to put sunscreen and where my parasol rarely covered.




Working as a team instead of being the person in charge with an assistant or two was an interesting change. It took a lot of the pressure off that I usually feel in trying to produce a perfect, if temporary, image. It was easier to have fun with the experience than worry about everything getting done on time/well.




I made the little Asian girl, the cat, most of the trees, and a fair amount of bubbles. I like how our styles blended into one cohesive image that, I'd like to think, was the most awesome one there. ;)



It was really hard to get a picture of the entire piece, since it was so big. But here we are with our finished drawing:







Henry's Nana babysat for me since Matt was at work, but she brought him by towards the end of the day so I could show him off a bit.



I also got to see my bloggy friends XO and elBryan.

For more pictures of the event, check out Hyperglobal's post.

Related posts:
Come See Me at the Historic Northeast Chalk Walk this Weekend
"Future Currents" Opening April 6 - First Friday in the Crossroads
Art & Aesthetics

1 comment:

Super Dave said...

man that is awesome wish I could see it for real. Hope XO took pictures as well. Great job ladies.