Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Art & Aesthetics

I just posted my second blog of the month for Arts America: "Companion Circles" Examines Artist Relationships On and Off the Canvas. It talks about a current exhibit on display at the Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art, which I just went to see today with Matt. Earlier this month, I posted about a local artist, Maria Calderon, and her exhibit at the Mattie Rhodes Gallery that just closed a few days ago.


I've really been enjoying the part-time blogging I've done for Arts America, especially since it ensures that I get out and look at beautiful art! Speaking of which, I'm excited for the nice weather we're supposed to have Friday since it coincides with March's First Friday down in the Crossroads.

One of the things I've been thinking about more as I get closer and closer to bringing this baby out into the world, is how much beauty, visual, aural and tactile, all contribute so much to my enjoyment of life. Feeding the senses is so important for me, and I can't wait to expose my little dude to the amazing glory of art and nature and all the wonder they inspire. It's gonna be so much fun!

Related posts:

No comments: