Thursday, December 29, 2011

No More Regrets

Image via Moderate Voice

Wow! This is the last time I'll post in 2011... strange how quickly this year passed but how slowly it seemed to go some days!

I've been thinking a lot about what I want to leave behind this new year because my friend Darcy invited me to a Burning Bowl Ceremony at Unity Church of Overland Park. Apparently, participants burn a piece of paper with a word on it describing what they want to let go of in the coming year. After putting a great deal of reflection into what I would write, I finally realized there's just one thing I want/need to let go of:

REGRETS.

If there's anything that keeps me from being my happiest, healthiest self, it's beating myself up for mistakes I made years and years ago when I was quite a different person. So my New Year's resolution is to let go of regrets and to be joyfully present wherever I find myself to be (which I figure is the exact opposite of living in the past).

And on a totally different topic, I posted my second article for Arts America yesterday. Click the linkage to give it a read.

Related posts:


Like what you see? Subscribe here

1 comment:

Superdave said...

A teacher told me once to learn from the past but never dwell on the past.