Thursday, October 6, 2011

Celestial Performance Piece Debuting Tomorrow!

The Universe is my Inspiration!
Image via HubbleSite.org

I've been wanting to do more performance art since my first stab at it, but there were things about my first attempt that bothered me. It felt too passive overall, and I had almost as much fun walking around in my outfit afterwards like a walking exhibit & getting lots of encouraging feedback from passers-by.

So it took me a bit, but I finally had a burst of inspiration for another performance art piece while I was sitting around in a doctor's office recently. This First Friday (that's tomorrow!), I'm going to be crowned, dressed & painted in/with celestially-inspired items - as you can see in my concept drawing:


And I'm going to be wandering around the Crossroads Arts District giving out the hand-made paper stars I've been crafting that say "You are made of star stuff..." on one side and "SHINE!" on the other. I think they're pretty cute.


I'll tell you Tuesday how it went :)

Related posts:

Like what you see? Subscribe here

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Darcy said...

Rock it out May! People receiving stars won't know what hit them. Awesome performance.