Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Cleaver, CARES & Central Standard


I'm excited to hear Congressman Emanuel Cleaver II speak tonight about the importance of mentoring at-risk youth. This is the second public event of the KC Metro CARES Mentoring Movement, where you may remember I am a board member. This is extra exciting as this is our first event after receiving our official federal 501c3 status! If you're interested in this event, you can RSVP here.



My other exciting bit of news is that the KCUR show, Central Standard, finally found a place in their line-up for me to talk about my 365 Self-Portrait project! I was on the show once before with a panel of other bloggers, but this time I get my very own segment!! I will be on tomorrow morning around 10 am. I hope you're able to tune in, but if not, I'll be sure to post a link to it on Thursday.

Related posts:

Like what you see? Subscribe here

Share/Bookmark

No comments: