Friday, May 13, 2011

Story-telling & Fishnet Wearing

It's always a mixed bag when you put yourself out on the internet. There are bad surprises and good surprises. Today, I want to talk about two of the good surprises.

The first, I already mentioned a ways back, but y'all probably forgot. A great guy, who I'll call David T. found my blog and decided to commission me for a collaborate project he's creating. He sent me this piece of music:

(Click here to see embedded video)

...and asked me to write a story inspired by it. He said I should write it short enough that could be eventually made into a video featuring the music, images, and my story being flashed on screen in text or played as an audio track.

I'm happy to say that I FINALLY completed the story, which I titled "The Incident." It's currently available to read on deviantArt. David T.'s website, which will feature this and other commissions, will be launched in June. I'll be sure to post a link to that later on! :)

The second nifty surprise I've gotten recently happened because of my 365 Self-Portrait project. Because of my photos I was invited to join a Tights & Leggings group, where I ran across this great picture from electric_kitty:

Knee high to a grasshopper

So I commented, and the most amazing thing happened. SHE OFFERED TO GIVE THEM TO ME! :D I said yes, of course, and the other day I got a fabulous package from Australia:


I love her hand-written note :)

They are so freaking fabulous!


Thanks electric_kitty! They are too much fun.

Related post:
New Creative Collaborations
Sh*t On the Radio

Like what you see? Subscribe here

Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

Mary said...

SO Freaking Fabulous - just like you!

May said...

Thanks, Mary :) It was great running into you the other day!

Byron said...

"good surprises & bad surprises"

As you may, or may not, know I comment a lot on TKC. The responses I get 'are like a box of chocolates.'

Keep soldiering, May!

May said...

Thanks, Byron! :)