Thursday, May 26, 2011

KC Gay & Lesbian Film Fest Passes ON SALE NOW!

Good news, everyone! I did not get blown away in a tornado like Dorothy. In fact, I'm doing just dandy, enjoying, among other things, my work with the Kansas City Gay and Lesbian Film Festival. It's so much fun!

I'm excited to announce that the final schedule has been locked in! You can see it at the festival website, along with clips and trailers of the films we'll be showing. For instance, on opening night we'll be showing a sneak preview of Beginners, starring Ewan McGregor and Christopher Plummer. The theatrical release for Beginners is later this year, but we get to show it at our festival! I can't wait to see this! The story sounds really interesting and it stars to impeccable actors.


(Click here to see embedded video)

And one more thing I want to point out to you, because they are only available BEFORE the festival begins on June 24: FESTIVAL PASSES. There are two different passes one can buy, and each is a huge discount compared to buying each ticket individually, so if you see a lot of films you're interested in, a pass is the way to go!

Friends of the Festival - $45
This pass includes admission to Beginners, Codependent Lesbian Space Alien Seeks Same, Wish Me Away, A Shorts Romance, Making the Boys, Out for the Long Run, Out Here Now Short Film Competition, as well as your choice of either admission to Fishnet and its after party or admission to Kick-Off and it's after party!

ALL ACCESS PASS - $100
This pass includes admission to every screening and every afterparty. It's the ultimate way to experience the newest and best LGBT films! This is what you'll see around my neck during the film festival, and I intend to go to nearly all the screenings - there's just too many great films I won't be able to see on screen otherwise!

You can purchase either of these passes on the film fest website, where you'll also find out more about the films we're showing.

One last thing I want to mention is a free screening the Film Festival is putting on for KC PRIDE week. Forever Starts Tonight, a documentary about the San Francisco drag legend, Vicki Marlane.

(Click here to see embedded video)

See it for free at Tivoli Cinemas, Monday, May 30th at 7 PM. I'll be there tabling so say hi!

Related post:
Kansas City Gay & Lesbian Film Festival

Like what you see? Subscribe here

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

tooshortpants said...

Oh man. If I didn't work weeknights I'd totally buy that $45 pass. Instead I'll just go check out a couple of the Saturday night films. The lesbian alien one looks silly, and then I want to see the one about voguing culture. I've actually never been to the festival before. Bad queer, I know.

May said...

No worries! I've never been myself either. Looking forward to correcting that this year! ^__^