Thursday, March 10, 2011

Sh*t On the Radio

Day 222 of my 365 self-portrait project was taken with Tony's Kansas City & Leffall

What a day! I woke up & got ready to go to the local NPR (KCUR 89.3) studio, because I was invited onto Central Standard with host Jabulani Leffall and local bloggers Tony's Kansas City, Average Jane, Bull E. Vard, and Toellner!

I was nervous at first, but got over my jitters for the most part. I enjoyed hearing the other blogger's stories as well. Click through to download/listen to the MP3 or to see all the Central Standard podcasts.

I was going to talk more about this experience, which was quite a bit of fun, but I'm kinda distracted because I found out while at my PT job that Matt's father has throat cancer. His sister called me and asked me to tell him so he wouldn't have to hear it over the phone. Anyway, I just broke the news a little while ago, and Matt's not doing so great.

I guess it proves my dedication as a blogger (or goal-orientedness as a person) that I sat down to write this before either feeding myself or cuddling my baby like I should be. Speaking of which... I gotta go...

P.S. The title of this blog post is a reference to a Nelly Furtado song, and not a comment on the show!

Like what you see? Subscribe here

Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

patientanonymous said...

So cool! I want to do this! But oh, Matt's daddy.

PA
*big hugs to you both*

Tony said...

May, thanks for including me in your project. I usually hate photos of myself but yours I sorta like, mostly because you and J are good people.

Good seeing you again.

May said...

It was nice seeing you too, Tony. :)

Byron said...

My two favorite KC Bloggers in one picture. Perfect!