Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Thing A Day 2011: Day 1

For those of you who were wondering why I didn't post yesterday according to my regular M-W-F schedule... it's because I've decided to cut back a bit on the time I spend on this blog. I'm now going to be posting here just on Tuesdays & Thursdays. That way I can still post regularly but give myself a bit more time for more projects.

Projects like Thing a Day! My friend Esther told me about this yesterday, just in time for me to sign up! Thing a Day 2011 is a collective of creative persons making and posting some thing every day for the month of February. Today was the first day, so I decided to do something I've had on my mental to-do list for a while...

Convert this dress into a skirt:
I also used the belt that came with the shirt I used for the flask-holding garter I made.

First I had to get rid of the side zipper.

Then I cut the top of the dress off.

Next, I cut the seam of the skirt that was holding the pleats in place off as I pinned down the new waist.

My tiny sewing machine helped me sew to seams into the waist:

Then, I threaded the belt through the waist and gathered it.
And finally my skirt was done!
Maybe after all this snow, I'll finally get out of the house and wear it!

Related posts:
New Creative Collaborations
Adventures in Dress Recycling: New Year's Eve Edition
Sewing for a Steampunk Soiree

Like what you see? Subscribe here

Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

-Jenna- said...

You seriously have such a talent for converting your clothes into other articles of clothing! I especially like this one a lot!

thefreebox said...

It's super cute May - though the dress was cute too. I need to get one of those little sewing machines like yours it looks so handy.

May said...

Thanks, Jenna!

Mary, I liked the dress too, but the zipper didn't work and the top of it was too small to go around my rib cage, so I wasn't able to wear it. Guess I forgot to mention that in the post... :)