Monday, December 6, 2010

What a Weekend!

I had such an exciting weekend! Friday I got part-time work as a social media/marketing consultant for couture hosiery and leggings boutique Seduzione Leggs. They have exclusive stock from mainly European designers, and I am really excited to be working for such a fun, fashion-forward place!

To celebrate my employment, I bought a pair of gorgeous purple tights that I wore the next day (despite the frigid weather!) to dance with Mary from The Freebox! We connected online back when I created a video response to her 365 dance project, and Saturday I was one of 30 folks who came out to dance with her on the steps of the Liberty Memorial.

Here's Mary's video:

(Click here to see embedded video)

And the news footage of us:

(Click here to see embedded video)

Finally, here's my self-portrait that I took with the group of dancers:

Day 126 of my 365 Self-Portrait Project

It was such a fun way to warm up and start the day! I was excited that several dancers came back to Westport with my friends and I for the monthly group I'm now co-organizing, Create Your Own Reality. It was at Stone Spirit Lodge this time (we change locations monthly), which was a great space for playing and making new friends. We had so many new people join us from the Meetup group, it was really exciting! @Darcybl who created the group took the pictures of our fun:

Like the necklace? I got it there!

Sunday was also a lovely day. I worked on my novel, then went Christmas shopping with my little sister at Independence Center:

Day 127 of my 365 Self-Portrait Project

Then @darcybl and I went to the Celebration of Human Rights at All Souls Universal Unitarian Church that evening. Several speakers from United Nations Association of Greater Kansas City told us about the passing of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the challenges the United Nations face in trying to mediate disputes and support universal rights.

Gbaike Ajayi, Jay Sjerven and Abdul Bakar
of the UN Association of Greater KC

A speaker from the Greater Kansas City Interfaith Council discussed the significance of the Declaration as a vision for creating a peaceful world. The event ended with a candle-lighting, signifying the light of hope and peace.

It was an extra busy couple of days for me, but fully worth it :)

What did you do this weekend?

Related posts:
Dancing Is My Remedy to Mugging
Create Your Own Reality @ Fringe Fest
Shake Your Booty For the Community

Like what you see? Subscribe here

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

thefreebox said...

What a full Sunday you had! The "Create Your Own Reality" Group sounds cool...I'll have to check it out next time! Thanks for coming to the dance, your presence made it so much better. I LOVE your purple tights!!!

May said...

Thanks for inviting me, Mary! Had a blast!!

We'd love to have you at the next CYOR event :)