Monday, December 27, 2010

RIP Han Solo Kitty

Hey everybody. I'm not feeling much like posting today...

My latest favorite stray, whom we'd taken to calling "Han Solo," and who always hung out with his buddy "Luke Skywalker" on our porch, died under mysterious circumstances and I'm pretty bummed. Luckily, Matt's home from work today so we've been comforting one another.

It's so sad! This little guy was so cute, kind and cuddly. He was less than a year old and way too young to die. I wish I'd been able to find a home for him. I feel like I failed the little guy, but I know that by providing him affection, shelter, food and water for the past several months, we made him very happy. He had such a happy golden light in his amber eyes... We're going to miss him.

Related posts:
Stray Cat Love
More Stray Cat Love
Cat House at the Friends of Parkville Animal Shelter

Like what you see? Subscribe here

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

thefreebox said...

I'm so sorry to hear that May. I don't think you should spend one more instant thinking you failed him. You gave him real love and the best of what you had to give. I'm sure his little soul will always be grateful for that. I'm sending you a big hug.

May said...

Thanks, Mary. I appreciate your caring.