Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Upcoming Art & Charity Events

Hey Everybody!

Told ya I'd be back when I had something to say, and I've got a couple events coming up this month that I'd like to share with you.

Squier Park Home and Arts Tour
Sunday, October 17 · 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Squier Park (Paseo to Troost / 39th to Amour Blvd.)

Squier Park (where one of my friends just moved) is having its Biannual Home and Arts Tour. You will meet local artists (like myself) and tour the 100+ year old homes in the neighborhood! Tickets can be purchased for $10 (Children 10 and under are free) the day of the tour at 36th and Forest. I'll be one of the artists featured in my friend's house at the corner of E 37th and Holmes. I plan to have some of my latest drawings, paintings and more available for viewing/purchasing. For more info visit their website at squierparkKC.org.

Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
October 23 at Liberty Memorial

I'm going to do my first walk for a charity this October 23 , taking part in the American Cancer Society's Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. There are 2.5 million breast cancer survivors who celebrated another birthday last year because people like you made a donation in support of people like me. Helping the American Cancer Society continue their work in the fight against breast cancer is really important to me. Last year, Making Strides raised $60 million to help people stay well and get well, to find cures, and fight back against breast cancer and it happened one $10, $25, and $50 donation at a time. I’ve signed up for this event because I really want to make a difference in the fight against breast cancer and your donation of any amount will help me do that.

Hope to see you at one or both of these events! Happy October!

Related posts:
Breast Cancer Awareness Art Festival
Event Pics: KC Chalk & Walk

Like what you see? Subscribe here

Share/Bookmark

No comments: