Monday, September 6, 2010

Zombie Break-Out (Into Song)

I hear all you work zombies get some sort of holiday today. How's that going?

Me, I'm just settling in for another do-what-I-wish sort of day. So, typically, I'm sitting here drinking coffee and checking my Google Reader for updates. Found an amazing zombie music video on Ectoplasmosis!:

(Click here to see embedded video)


And then I was in the zombie mood so I clicked over to my recently-added zombienice 2.0 feed and saw this ladies:


Chipper, aren't they? I also like this one they posted the other day:


I'm really needing the visual zombie input these days. I've been creatively blocked on the second of a pair of zombie paintings my brother commissioned for a WHILE now. If I could finish the darn thing I could get some money out of it, but, to be honest, the type of detailed, layered painting this requires really intimidates me. One of the reasons I've avoided picking up a brush and working on it lately. Cause while the first one turned out okay....


I'm really not pleased with the end result and it makes me disappointed in my ability. And since I don't want to feel like I'm letting myself down as an artist, I've been unable to be relaxed enough to be creative and productive on this thing. I've got the background all done and started adding in the zombies, but I haven't gone any further.

But, I know eventually I'll stop being so hard on myself and then I'll be able to work on it again. Eventually.....


I don't like doing art that is hard. To me, the whole point of art-ing is having fun. XP

EDIT (later that day): Oh..! and how could I forget The Walking Dead trailer?! Looks AWESOME!

Related post:
Zombieland

Like what you see? Subscribe here

Share/Bookmark

No comments: