Friday, July 30, 2010

Live Painting with Mr. History @ Fringe Festival

Had a fun time making stuff at Create Your Own Reality @ the KC Fringe Fest Tuesday. I made some feathered headbands, a "freak flag" and a record monster, after which @darcybl and I scurried over to help put on an InterPlay demonstration (click through for video) @ another Fringe event happening that night.

Don't forget there's another CYOR event tonight! Please join us if you can!

And then, if you just happen to not have any plans Saturday night, I'm going to be one of two artists doing live painting on stage with Mr. History at the Crosstown Station! Turns out this is also a Fringe event, though I didn't know it at the time when my friend Matt E. (who's one of the band members and a guy I went to college with for a couple years) put out a call for artists on Facebook.

I've written about Mr. History before, so you can check out the review here. They also have music to listen to on MySpace. And here's a video for those of you who don't feel like clicking through to anything:


(Click here to see embedded video)

(My friend Matt E. is the cutie in the green t-shirt on the right.)

I'm excited about this show! I've never done painting in front of an audience before. My plan is to take the 3 blank canvases I have and switch between which one I'm painting on... so hopefully I'll have 3 new pieces of art when the show is over! And then I'm gonna sell 'em (again, hopefully).


Related posts:
Create Your Own Reality @ Fringe Fest this Week
Mr. History (Show Review)

Like what you see? Subscribe here

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Kris the Vagabond said...

Woo! Fringe! Can't wait for the CYOR event tonight!