Monday, July 26, 2010

Create Your Own Reality @ Fringe Fest This Week

Create Your Own Reality (CYOR) is something I've talked about before, but in case you don't remember, it's basically a monthly arts & crafts networking event that my friend @darcybl started. Recently she asked me to join an advisory board to help out with spreading the word, so I started us a Meetup group and have enjoyed helping out with that, and also with helping to choose what supplies we should get for people to make things with.


So I'm really excited to tell you that CYOR will be at the KC Fringe Festival TWICE this week: Tuesday July 27th and Friday, July 30th from 6pm to 8:30pm at Arts Tech, 15th and Holmes, Kansas City, MO 64108.


You can bring a project you're working on, or take advantage of the free supplies we'll bring to create something. We'll have materials on hand to make "freak flags" which you can take home with your or display there!


These are free events, so come on out and play with us!


All the pictures in this post are from last year's Fringe Festival, the first year CYOR was involved. You can find more on Darcy's Flickr set.

Related posts:
Create Your Own Reality
Gifted Hands Stops Domestic Violence Before it Starts

Like what you see? Subscribe here

3 comments:

Kris the Vagabond said...

I'm probably not going to make it Tuesday because I will have work in Topeka on Wednesday morning. But I'm super excited about Create Your Own Reality, so I'm planning on being there Friday to take advantage of all the free art supplies (because I'm broke and can't afford my own.) Woo! This is going to be fun!

May said...

Excellent! See you then :)

adriannerussell said...

That is so cool! We were just looking for something to fill Friday night on our Fringe Grid! :)