Monday, March 1, 2010

FML

Well, folks, I'm finally back. Turns out my cold was bronchitis, which I've never had before and I hope I never have again. That shit sucked ass. I couldn't walk the length of the apartment without getting exhausted and I coughed so hard I felt like my lungs were just going to pop. Luckily for me I had some friends who were able to give me meds, because I have zero money for a doctor... or, you know, anything.

PLUS it put me out of comission for two weeks that I really needed to be able to go out and get online somewhere (no internet at home, you see) because I need to 1) apply for unemployment (which was [and maybe is, idk I need to check my email] being held up by my ex-HR director not sending me the info I need in order to file], 2) I was waiting to hear back from a place where I interviewed (which Matt eventually checked on for me and found out I didn't get the job), and, you know, 3) I need to find a damn job.

So here we are the first of the month, not able to pay our rent, hoping my Uncle will front us the cash, plus I can't add minutes to my cell phone so how'm I going to get calls from prospective employers? I'm still somewhat ill and Matt can't work because he hurt his foot last week and then had to walk home on it from the PLaza (to Westport). He's got to get his mom to take him to the doctor so he can have a doctor's excuse not to work his two jobs or else he'll be fired from them both.

Awesome, right?

Anyway, I'm back, but distracted, so forgive me if the blog suffers because of it.

4 comments:

Hyperblogal said...

Geez Girl the only luck you're having is bad.... maybe you guys could see if any of the census jobs are still available... not permanent.. but would provide funds for a while.

Hyperblogal said...

Geez Girl the only luck you're having is bad.... maybe you guys could see if any of the census jobs are still available... not permanent.. but would provide funds for a while.

Jules Bowen said...

I've had bronchitis chronically (not recently...knock on wood) and it's awful. Every time you stand up it's like someone is leaning the planet on you. Can't breathe. No energy. Awful. I'm so glad to hear you're recovering. Please stay well, May Flower!

Jules Bowen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.