Friday, January 8, 2010

A Picture Is Worth...


A while back I showed you my first commissioned painting (seen above). I wanted to say more about the experience, but felt it wasn't really my story to tell. So I was stoked that Sara (whom I made the painting for) finally posted about it on her blog!

You should really go there and read the whole post, but the end is my favorite part:

I laughed and I cried and sighed with happiness because it was perfect. It was Us, and it was everything that Us means, and when I showed Mike for the first time he was appropriately speechless, and then just before the panic attack that told me he hated it hit, he hugged me and kissed me and told me it was perfect.

He told me how much he loved me and how happy he was that we finally had something that represented us in all of our colorful-ness and uniqueness and it couldn’t have been any more perfect.

*Sniffle* Painting for a someone who, when the project started, was a complete stranger and having them turn into a friend and then being able to add so much to her life was an incredible experience.

I'm really glad she is happy with the painting, and you should go read the whole story. It was pretty incredible if I do say so myself.

Also, on a related-but-separate note, Patient Anonymous reviewed my book of poetry. You should check it out.

Oh, and if you're a blogger who'd be willing to review my book, I'll send you a free ebook of it. Just email me: reddvenus AT gmail DOT com. KThanxBai!

Related posts:

Check Out My First Commissioned Painting

Commission Me! [NSFW]

Like what you see? Subscribe here

5 comments:

Sara said...

You are so much more awesome than you even know. :) Thank you for painting this beautiful picture for us - it's really perfect. Zion is in the background right now saying, "I want you to tell her to paint one of those for my room, only LITTLE, ok Mom?"

May said...

Awesome! ^_^

Darcy said...

I agree that May is one of those people who just gets things; someone who has an innate understanding of how the universe works. This is so beautiful!

Dan said...

I wrote about one of your poems yesterday. And I was happy to pay for my own copy of your book!

May said...

Awesome! Thanks :) I'll go check it out.