Monday, December 21, 2009

Classic Matinees Now at the Tivoli

Tivoli Cinemas in Westport is showing four classic films on sequential weekend matinees now through January 10th. You just missed Some Like It Hot, which I hadn't seen before and thoroughly enjoyed.

This upcoming weekend they're showing Casablanca, which I've seen about a billion times because it was my older sister's favorite movie when we were kids, but I've never seen it on a big screen, so I've got to do that.

Then on Jan. 2-3 they're showing Duck Soup, starring Groucho Marx, and Jan. 9-10 is Breakfast at Tiffany's, one of my favorite old flicks.

All showings are at 12:45 PM.

The best part is tickets are only four dollars so you can afford it after all that present buying (oh and there's some crap about a discount which I didn't really understand and no one explained to me but I wasn't going to use it anyway so I didn't ask).

Related posts:
Dharma Gallery Now Open in Westport
MST3K Fans: Get Ready to Roadtrip!
Westport Courtyard: Now and Then

Like what you see? Subscribe here

3 comments:

Joe Pontillo said...

Some Like It Hot is great! You should get caught up on as much Billy Wilder as possible, particularly one of my favorite films of all time, Sunset Boulevard.

-Jenna- said...

Some Like It Hot is one of my favorites! Absolutely hilarious.

May said...

Yeah, it was way better than I'd even hoped it would be. Loved it!