Friday, October 9, 2009

Seen Around Midtown: Homeless People and Furniture

Don't forget! Today is the last day to bid on my original drawing Another Bed of Roses! And you only have until NOON (Central time).

I obviously love Midtown KC and have spent most of my "Seen Around Midtown" posts on the perky positive side of things. This one, however, shows some of the things that make me sad: homeless persons and illegal dumping. Both are totally out of place in their environment and no one wants to step up to help, generally speaking. It's frustrating to feel helpless when faced with these problems.

This guy will never look me in the eye or say hi no matter how hard I try.
He always turns his back on me and strums his little tiny guitar that looks like he made it himself.

Related posts:
Seen Around Midtown: Named Apartments
Seen Around Midtown: Roanoke Neighborhood
Seen Around Midtown: Whimsical Neighborhood

Like what you see? Subscribe here

1 comment:

Lynn said...

The guy is playing the front part of a banjo. Don't know what happened to the rest of the banjo, but he's a determined guy. He's out there every day strumming away.