Monday, October 5, 2009

Original Drawing Auction: Another Bed of Roses

Well, it's pretty discouraging that the first auction was a total FAIL. Here's hoping I have better luck with this one, because, if not, I'm quitting is auction stuff and going a different route.

I'm trying to fund raise for my June wedding, so please help a sister out!

The beautiful drawing up for grabs this week is Another Bed of Roses:


Detail

With Frame

The image is 12 x 18 inches, framed without a mat in a frame of the same size.

How to Bid
  1. Bid by leaving comments on this blog through noon (Central time) on Friday, October 2. The highest bid at that time will win.
  2. The starting bid is $20 (so I can at least get the cost of the frame covered!) and will increase by increments of 5$. So if the standing bid is $30, the next smallest bid would be $35.
  3. IMPORTANT! If I cannot locate contact information for you from your comment (i.e. you don't like to a web page with contact info or whatever) please leave your email so I can contact you if and when you win.
If You Win
Local winners will not only win this framed drawing, but they will also get to come and see my studio (aka my apartment), meet me and get a tour, blah blah blah. Winners who are not local will have their mailing cost covered as long as it is under $10. If it is over $10, I will ask for additional funds.

And since I don't trust PayPal not to rip me off (srsly, look into it!) and Google Checkouts charges more than I'd like for processing payments, I'm going to accept payments of cash or money orders only. Sorry for any inconvenience.

If you want to help in other ways, PLEASE help me spread the word! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I've heard that people are waiting to bid because they want to see what's coming next. Doesn't really make sense to me because it's only depending on how successful these auctions are that I will continue to sell more of what I have, so therefore I can't tell you all I'm going to sell. However, the ones I have currently framed and ready to sell include the following: Forbidden Fruit, Dreaming Tree 5, Goddess Figure and Watching the Sun Set.

7 comments:

Xavier Onassis said...

I think "Forbidden Fruit" has dibs on my bedroom wall.

The only original art on my walls right now is my own. I think it's time to change that.

When does that go up for bids?

May said...

I'll put that up next week for ya :)

Janet said...

I *think* this is the one I wanted to bid on!

I'll start the bidding at $25.

Xavier Onassis said...

I'll look forward to it! Thanks!

May said...

Thanks Janet! ^_^

May said...

Auctions over, folks! Janet, this one's yours!

Janet said...

send me a text Monday to remind me again, I'll try to pick it up this week.