Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Seen Around Midtown: Named Apartments

There's something about naming a place that makes it just that much more endearing (blame the influence of Gone with the Wind). There are many apartments around midtown that all seem to have been build around the same time (some are even fairly identical) that the builders gave names to. Just makes me wanna pinch these buildings in the cheek and coo over them like a baby! But I'm a dork like that.




That sign says "Elbertha"



Related posts:
Seen Around Midtown: Roanoke Neighborhood
Seen Around Midtown: Whimsical Neighborhood
Seen Around Midtown: Painted PBR Ads

Like what you see? Subscribe here

6 comments:

MoxieMamaKC said...

I used to live in college across from an apartment building like that called Melrose...which explains the drama from them. No pretty, rich people though...

PFL0W said...

KCPhotogblog.blogspot.com did this first, months ago.

May said...

Thanks for the info.

Eric said...

I concur.

Kris the Vagabond said...

I wish my apartment had a cool sexy name. Mine sounds like a bank.

Kristin said...

i used to live in the antlers. it was pretty sweet :)