Monday, September 28, 2009

Original Drawing Auction: Trickster

Edit 10/1: I have shut down the auction early.

Welcome, Ladies and Gentlemen to my very first blog auction! I'm trying to fund raise for my June wedding, so please help a sister out!

The beautiful drawing up for grabs this week is the lovely Trickster seen below:

The colors on this aren't true to life.
The colors are more vivid and not so yellow throughout.
I just can't seem to find a good place to take photos in my apartment! ARGH.


Detail - This one is the closest to the true colors.

Detail

Based on traditional Japanese stories about foxes who turn into women and seduce men into acting foolishly, this image shows a fox in a state of transformation between woman and animal. The image is 12 x 18 inches, framed without a mat in a frame of the same size.

How to Bid
  1. Bid by leaving comments on this blog through noon (Central time) on Friday, October 2. The highest bid at that time will win.
  2. The starting bid is $20 (so I can at least get the cost of the frame covered!) and will increase by increments of 5$. So if the standing bid is $30, the next smallest bid would be $35.
  3. IMPORTANT! If I cannot locate contact information for you from your comment (i.e. you don't like to a web page with contact info or whatever) please leave your email so I can contact you if and when you win.
If You Win
Local winners will not only win this framed drawing, but they will also get to come and see my studio (aka my apartment), meet me and get a tour, blah blah blah. Winners who are not local will have their mailing cost covered as long as it is under $10. If it is over $10, I will ask for additional funds.

And since I don't trust PayPal not to rip me off (srsly, look into it!) and Google Checkouts charges more than I'd like for processing payments, I'm going to accept payments of cash or money orders only. Sorry for any inconvenience.

So, you're all set. Now................. GO!

Oh, and if you want to help in other ways, PLEASE help me spread the word! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Related posts:
Only YOU Can Help Me Get Married!

Like what you see? Subscribe here

2 comments:

Vered - Blogger for Hire said...

I will tweet it. Good luck!

May said...

This auction is now closed due to lack of interest. You can contact me via email if you're still interested in purchasing it.