Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Seen Around Midtown: Whimsical Neighborhood

As I said on Twitter: disappointed by the ink feature. I put too much heart into my blog to be happy being reduced to "shocking!" http://tinyurl.com/knfysn

If you walk away from Westport Road, behind Pryde's Old Westport, you'll find a complex of what appears to be a mixed commercial and residential area. Here all of the houses/businesses (in houses) are brightly colored and whimsical (though sadly hard to photograph). It delights the bejeezus out of me each time I walk past:



For more of my pictures and what-have-you, visit my DeviantArt page.

Previous "Seen Around Midtown" posts:
Graffiti
Norman School
Big Brothers, Big Sisters

Like what you see? Subscribe here or add to Mixx

3 comments:

Catherine VandeVelde said...

Many years ago, one of my best friends lived in one of those houses!

MoxieMamaKC said...

That area is actually called Nutter-ville after James B. Nutter Jr who owns the houses. My hubby worked for him before we were married and that's when he found out the name of it. Nutter owns all the houses around the office they have there except one right on the corner. You can tell it's not Nutter's because it's not "whimsically painted"

Zeeshan Amjad said...

I just wish to be in these houses :(


Pain Management
Diet Menu