Monday, April 20, 2009

I'm Back

Hi everybody! This is the post where I tell you I'm back! Weeehoo!

While I wasn't blogging, you may have missed:


Otherwise, I just wanted to re-kick off my blog with this quote:

May I and all beings be filled with lovingkindness.
May I and all beings be safe from inner and outer dangers.
May I and all beings be well in body and mind.
May I and all beings be happy and free.
-Buddha

That's my hope for life and I blame it all on my siblings.

I remember watching them (especially my sisters) fight and argue about the stupidest stuff and I wondered, why can't we all just get along? We all know we're all miserable, so why aren't we trying to make each other happy? And this wasn't all fueled by love so much as self interest. Do you have any idea how many hours 6 siblings can fight in any given week? It happened A LOT and it was SO BORING that it drove me nuts. I just wanted to freaking play or do something fun, not listen to them bitch and moan at each other. Life's so much more interesting that way.

I still feel like that only now it's grown to include everybody everywhere instead of just my brothers and sisters. And it's partially why I started to blog in the first place: trying to share the things that make my life easier and make me happy. I figure if people are happier with themselves, the world will be a happier place.

Not that I'm exactly a Pollyanna or anything (thought I think it takes more guts to be a hopeful person than not), but I do believe in mutualism (basically: what helps you helps me) and that we evolved to help each other.

I think humans can do a lot better, especially if we stop being too scared to grow past our own egos.

Anyway, I'll be back with, more regularly scheduled programing every Wednesday and Friday.

See you soon!

Related posts:
Why I Blog
May's Rules for Living Well
Buddha, Bisexuality and Betrayal

Like what you see? Subscribe here or add to Mixx

8 comments:

emawkc said...

You know what makes me happy?

Being the first to post a comment after your return!

Welcome back!

Hyperblogal said...

I'm glad you're back too. And I'm proud to be second to comment. :)

Xavier Onassis said...

I'll take sloppy thirds. Welcome back! The cosmos is now back in harmony.

m.v. said...

I will conclude the Final Four of welcomers back!

-Jenna- said...

As usual, I loved your post and am so glad you're back!!!

DelightfullyHealthy said...

Welcome back! You're right, I think. It does take more courage to be hopeful. (Some may even say it takes audacity.) Looking forward to reading more of your thoughts.

Stacey K said...

Glad you're back, even if I a late to the commenting!

Missed you!

Eric said...

Glad you're back. I now have one more thing to read on the net again. Best of luck.