Friday, March 27, 2009

Teaser

When I stopped blogging last month, I fully expected to, you know, STOP. On the other hand, I figured if in a year or so I wanted to revive May's Machete, I would let myself do so. But since I quit, I've been seeing the KC blogosphere as just a spectator for the first time, I have to say I feel mine is a voice that lends a much needed dimension here. Plus, my feminism has been really P.O.ed about the scarcity of women bloggers in KC when women's issues are constantly marginalized in the US.

Then there's this niggling bit of my brain that keeps harassing the rest of me about how much it wants to blog. So much so that I had a physical need to stop what I was doing and write this post publicly promising that I will be back to blogging very soon. I can't give an exact date, but I do know that it won't be until after I've finished settling into this new apartment.

Give me a month or so and I'll be back.

But I'll probably only be posting Mon, Wed, and Fri instead of M-F.

8 comments:

Stacey K said...

yay!!!

MoxieMamaKC said...

Thank goodness!!! I'm glad you're coming back! I've missed your posts! Good luck with moving...

-Jenna- said...

Yay!!! I've been checking once a week or so in hopes something like this would happen.

Hope the move is going well!!

Darcy said...

Tis a happy day!

Applecart T. said...

Competitive biotch blogger says (with love and editorial intention): "You sound too self-assured to be liked, and while I get that, I think a modicum of humility (just do it, don't explain it!) would serve you better and allow me to get over your powers."

Yes, you have guessed it — it's all about me. : )

Because you were so assured when quitting. And I was so, "If that's what she wants, but I don't believer her (and I hope I'm right), but why did she say it like that?"

Obviously, I have never met you in real life, and we are very different people — kind-of like me and my Republican friend at the IRS, which is pretty much like a live FB friend you can't defriend …

…but that's the funny thing about public image. I loathe those who tell me to do "this and that."

Just saying: you did not (to my knowledge) answer my completely unfiltered and absolutely genuine questions about your content / contentment, and so I harbour "issues."

The proof is in the pudding that says: she never took you off the blogroll list.

(My point is that I'm glad you will be writing for us and you again.)

Unprer! (w. verification knows all.)

Applecart T. said...

(thanks for not making fun of my typos)

"whaeti"

May said...

Applecart, I pretty much have no idea what you're talking about.

Donna said...

Loved your interview with TKC. You and I have very few things in common, except that we're both women.

I read your blog because you give me a window into places into which I would never venture, but I'm curious. So I like to see what's going on in those other places.