Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Kiss-Off

"Begin at the beginning and go on
till you come to the end:
then stop."

- The King, Alice In Wonderland by Lewis Carroll.

Well folks, it's been real and it's been fun, but it hasn't been real fun.

This is my 375th and last post on May's Machete.

When I started this blog I was a frustrated artist who was swamped with grad school work and didn't have the time or energy for the more creative work that makes me feel fulfilled. Blogging made me feel like I wasn't a liar for still considering myself a writer and it gave me some focus for the little creative energy I did have. Since then, I've grown a lot as this blog has progressed and I enjoyed the ability to work out some of my life in stories for others.

But when I think about what value blogging gives to my life, I'm not coming up with enough answers that would keep me doing this. It's taking up an increasing amount of my now quite active creative energy and I'd rather spend that on projects I find more fulfilling. So that's what I'm going to be doing from now on.

Thanks to all of you who shared this blogging adventure with me. Thanks especially to those of you, Tony especially, who enjoyed my stuff enough to pass it on. Thank you to all of you who commented, subscribed and read the random shit I find compelling. Thank you for finding me worthwhile enough to make me a tiny part of your lives.

If you feel like following the continuing adventures of my weird-ass & ridiculous life, you can:

17 comments:

Xavier Onassis said...

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Stacey K said...

:-( sadness

I am going to miss your blog!

The DLC said...

Aw jeez, I'll miss the Machete. Thanks for all your great work. See ya on twitter!

Shicho said...

had a feeling you were leading up to this of late.

but, what works best for you, always.

have fun

MoxieMamaKC said...

Say it ain't so! I'll miss your posts. I wish you lots of luck in your other creative endeavors and I understand needing to focus your creativeness somewhere else. Good luck!

Spyder said...

I'm glad you are on Twitter!

Keith Sader said...

To echo XO
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
I'm signing the electrons that forbid you to stop blogging!

Donna said...

Well dang, I only just started reading you a few weeks ago. I wish you the best!

m.v. said...

Pretty soon I'll be forced to start reading my own blog. good luck

Joe Pontillo said...

You will be greatly missed. I'm not unsubscribing you from my RSS reader. I hope you'll see fit to drop the occasional blog on us when something too irresistible comes along that you simply must share.

cathy said...

I'll miss your blog! You live a completely different life than I do, but it's YOURS - fully and completely and confidently - and I have thoroughly enjoyed reading about your thoughts and experiences. Good luck with life!

Tony said...

Thank you for the mention.

I am going to miss your blog!!!

Leigh Ann said...

Nooo!!!! This sucks! What a bad week for the KC Blogosphere. Very sorry to see you go, but hope to see you on the Soc-Nets! Many, many best wishes and thanks for some awesome reads!

-Jenna- said...

Noooooo!!!

I did not see this coming. I love checking your blog, and am always interested in your thoughts. It's a part of my daily, sometimes every other day, process.

I understand you need to have you time, but maybe through these comments of your avid readers you can compromise and post once a week?

If not, it was great while it lasted! :D

May said...

Of course there's always the possibility that I'll revive this blog. But for now, I don't even want to think about it.

Thanks to all of you for your sweet comments :)

badabum said...

sigh. et tu, Brutus? am in same dilema atm, real life's taking over :D

no worries, you'll be back :)

Jessica said...

Wow Sweetie! You have an avid group of followers! That is so cool and awesome! I always enjoy reading your blogs. I, of course, get to talk to you on the phone amongst other things, so I am not as disappointed as these other cool people. As long as you still love me, and remember me, I will be happy!
I love you May!
Jessica