Friday, November 21, 2008

My Liquid Breakfast

While I know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and that it's best for your body functions if you eat it... I've never been a fan. Despite being a morning person, my stomach apparently is not, so I always feel a bit queasy in the mornings. Not a good way to face trying to cram something into my gullet every day. So for the longest time I just skipped it. Until I found a way to hack it by drinking my breakfast!


I consider my "liquid breakfast" to be meal-worthy mostly because of the ridiculously large amount of nutrients I am taking in. This way, no matter how I eat the rest of the day, I know I at least got in most of the vitamins as well as fruits and veggies that my body needs, so anything else healthful I eat for the rest of the day is just gravy.

As I tried to show in the picture, my breakfast is a combination of two packets of Emergen-C, a "vitamin energy drink" that I like because it's chock-full of vitamins C, B6, B12 and loads more. Plus, it helps to mitigate the weird grassy taste of the Amazing Grass GREEN SuperFood. This stuff is awesome because it includes several servings of fruits & veggies, probiotics and enzymes that help with digestion, raw food antioxidants and alkaline green plant foods. It includes stuff like wheat and barley grass, spirulina, spinach and broccoli, carrot, beat, raspberry, rose hips, pineapple, green tea, flax seed powder, apple pectin and tons more. You can purchase both of these products at Whole Foods or online.

Now I feel much better about my diet in general and also my overall health. I can feel a significant difference between my energy level and well-being after I've had my morning dose of goodness. And although I can't say diffinitively because my eating schedule is kinda whacky, but I think it has diminished my appetite later in the day the way eating breakfast is supposed to. All in all, I'd recommend it. Which is why I wrote this blog. The end.

Related posts:
Detox Your Life (How To)
Eat and Be Satisfied
What I Wish I Knew When I Became a Vegetarian

Like what you see? Subscribe here or add to Mixx

3 comments:

emawkc said...

It looks... so... delicious???

May said...

Lol.. yeah, it doesn't.

Bry Greene said...

Hi May, have you tried homemade yogurt or kefir? you could try making one for variety :) those are both good sources of probiotics as well. I even saw a recipe on how to make homemade kombucha, although I haven't tried it yet. Here's a video that tells some good sources of probiotics : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neHbUI2JiPw