Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Women's Magazines Suck

Let's face it: women's magazines suck. I realized this when I was 14 after devouring many issues of Seventeen and various other teen mags and discovering that with very little variation, each issue was exactly the same. As a teenager whose mom wasn't at all very girly, I was trying to figure out this whole girl thing via magazines that for some reason were allowed in the house. After learning how to apply makeup, though, they just weren't useful anymore.

Which is just one of the reasons why I am so happy that there are ladies around like those at Jezebel, mocking the lameness that is women's magazines. They regularly rip apart magazine covers, re-wording the magazine jargon into hilarious feminist social commentary:

Love it! If you find that amusing, you should also check out their shameless mockery of Urban Outfitter catalogs.

Related posts:
Barbie, Served Hot and Cold
Ladies I Subscribe To
My Hairdo is Gay

Like what you see? Subscribe here

No comments: