Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Test Your Home's Toxicity

I recently subscribed to Peachy Green ("going green can be peachy!"), where there was a recent post about the book Green Goes with Everything. It examines the toxic environment we create in our homes and how they affect our bodies, something I've blogged about before. The Green Goes with Everything companion website, offers a test where you can find out your "body burden," which is how much stress toxins are putting on your body. I received a 21 out of a potential 100 points (lower is better) which was very encouraging!

According to the test, I need to focus on my kitchen more - basically because I sometimes don't eat organic and I have non-stick pans, which are bad. The website also offers tips about toxic "hot spots" that exist in many homes and offers solutions for creating a healthier home environment. It's a great resource and I'm sure the book is even better.

Related posts:
Detox Your Life
Detox Your Pet Care


Like what you see? Subscribe here

3 comments:

Stacey K said...

I scored a depressing 49. I don't eat organic, I do dye my hair and use conventional laundry products. I have a lot to think about.

Moni said...

I scored a 70. Sadly, I'm only a teenager, and nobody else in my home cares about issues like these :/.

May said...

Sorry to hear that, Moni. Maybe you can make small changes for yourself? Like personal care products, etc. Good luck!