Friday, September 26, 2008

Put Your Headphones On (Your Heart)

Since it's Friday, I thought I'd take it easy and show you a video that animator GoshaDole made for Leeni's song "Headphones on Your Heart." Leeni is adorable, her music rocks, plus she's an amazingly talented, warm, fabulous lady.

I met her when I was living in Seattle. I was dating a guy from grad school who had a theater background and his roommate was currently involved in various independent theater groups. Because of them I saw awesome shows by Neutrino, Jet City Improv and others. One of the most stellar actresses I saw in those shows was Celine Ramadan. She positively glowed with style and finesse and a certain kind of easiness that comes with being the coolest person in the room. As far as I could tell, every one adored her and I was no exception. So when I found out that she also had a girl with a guitar act, I was a little surprised but excited to see what she would do.

Performing as Leeni, Celine totally blew me away. Her songs were gorgeous little poems set to delicate, beautiful tunes. She was selling homemade CDs, Are We There Yet..., for $5 and I snatched one up as quickly as I could after the set. A little while later, Leeni got into 8 bit music which uses Gameboy sounds and found a producer for 8 Bit Heart. The next time I saw her perform, her guitar had been replaced with a keytar and she was now backed by looping beats from a Gameboy. It's one of the most remarkable things I've ever seen.

Anyway, without further ado, please enjoy Leeni's "Headphones On Your Heart:"


Related posts:
Kelly Loves Shoes, Hates Decks
Lene Alexandre Has Okay Boobs
Album Review: Ms. Led, Shake Yourself Awake
Leslie of Ms. Led Tells Me what's what

Like what you see? Subscribe here

1 comment:

Steve said...

Great song and video!