Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Favorite Coworkers (Why Office Plants Rock)

I work with some amazing people, but after my 3 day weekend, the coworkers I'm happiest to greet are the my two little office helpers:


Okay, so they're not technically people, but these guys really help me relax during the day. And having them in my corner makes it a much cheerier place to be from 8:30-4:30 every weekday!

I've written before about how indoor plants improve air quality, but they also do so much more, including mood improvement, fighting colds and infections, increased concentration and productivity, and reduced fatigue.

SixWise.com identifies these nine plants as the best in air purifying (click each for more info):

As you can see, one of my plants is a type of ivy. The other is a jade tree, which is very simple to care for since it's a succulent. Check out which kinds of plants will do well in your office and see how much difference a little bit of green can make.

Related posts:
Detox Your Life (How To)
Guerilla Gardening

Like what you see? Subscribe here

No comments: