Thursday, August 7, 2008

Tjie Tsang, Artist of the Apocalypse

Coupla weeks ago I got a tattoo (above) from Justin Sims at Freaks on Broadway. Ever since I've had a picture of it up as my default on Facebook. This morning a random girl messaged me about it, saying it reminded her of Tjie Tsang's artwork and telling me to look him up. So I did and wow! It really does kinda look like my new tattoo, but better yet, it's just downright fabulous. Take a look:








Check out his website for more.

Related posts:
Not Allowed to Like... Fabrice Lavollay
My Multi-Talented Friend and her Automatic Drawings
Purdy Pictures
Fucking Recycle

Like what you see? Subscribe here

4 comments:

Xavier Onassis said...

A while back you left a comment on one of my posts indicating that all of your tats have significance and tend to mark milestones in your life. I'm curious about the bird. Care to share?

May said...

Sure, no problem. The raven represents the time I spent in Seattle (and all the personal and career growth I went through) because 1) big ole ravens were all around campus and the city, 2) I learned about and became interested in Native American mythology/cosmology at that time and the raven is a significant figure in that up in the Pacific Northwest.

For a slightly more whooshy new-agey take on the raven in my life, you can read this post on my spiritual blog, Sitting in the South.

Gena said...

Thanks for introducing us to this artist - he is phenomenal! My favorite is the one that says "I can't go on like this". Wow..just, wow. And your tattoo is amazing. The first thing I thought of was Poe's "The Raven", but I see that that was not your influence in the design.

May said...

Yeah, I actually think Poe is way overrated, but that's a rant for a different day!

Thanks for reading, Gena :)