Monday, August 4, 2008

Steal My Soundtrack: Part 2


I've been working for a year to create the perfect for-work playlist. It had to be interesting but subtle enough overall to keep me happy and to help me achieve those perfect moments of
flow that are so fun to work in. So after all this time of trial and error, adding and deleting countless albums and groups, here's what I ended up with.


Indie Boys & Girls

Andrew Bird's Bowl of Fire - One of my boyfriend's favorites that I started to like by proxy.


Ben Kweller - Super cute, plus he sings about being a fucked up 20 something and just generally writes beautiful songs.


Henri Faberge and the Adorables
- I wrote a blog about these guys, so just check that out.


Holly Golightly & The Brokeoffs - This band has got the British version of the blues.



Kimya Dawson
- Activisty, angsty lyrics mixed in with the silliest ones all over her mellow style of music. Is goood.



Malcolm Middleton
- The most emo of all emo music.. although it's not really emo so much as absolutely self-deprecating.


The Besties - Super cute group that sings songs about pirates, zombies and the like.


The Broken Family Band - Rock meets country in a way that is surprising and fun (oh, and British).


The High Strung - Straight up geek rock.


The Lovely Feathers - This might count as geek rock, but I just consider them beautifully crazy.


The Squirrel Nut Zippers - They're a jazz/swing/blues group.


Voxtrot - One of my two favorite groups! I wrote a whole blog about almost everything they've made so far.


We Are Scientists - My other favorite group! Again, I dedicated a whole blog to these cutie butts. This is their most recent music video that debuted last week:



Miss Part 1? Find it here. Stay tuned for the third and final installment!

Like what you see? Subscribe here

No comments: