Monday, June 16, 2008

I'm Back and Worse than Evar!

It's nice to be back in Kansas City after the weirdest trip to Colorado I've ever been on (sleep deprivation + altitude sickness = much weirdness), but I still feel all woozy thanks to my horribly-broken sleep schedule. And, yes, I'm the kind of person who gets wonky when their sleep isn't following a routine. So, as a result, you'll have to deal with a sub-par blog in which I chin-nod three websites that have been upping my readership as of late.

Mixx.com - A lot has been said about this site on the blogosphere and else where, but if you don't know anything about it, imagine a Digg site that actually works and you've got Mixx. This is a place for sharing anything online, and is much more inclusive than most sites. As a bonus, Mixx is actually interesting enough to keep me engaged. When I started using Mixx, I stopped using just about every other content-sharing site I was using, because I just didn't care anymore. Mixx is all I need.

Twitter.com - Once again, this is a site that has been much talked about, so I'll only say that I'm very impressed with how easy it is to network with something so seemingly trivial.

VerveEarth.com - This is a site (still in beta) that hasn't received as much attention, but it's both interesting and valuable. Bloggers are displayed by location on a world map, so you can find people as close to you or as far away as you want. It's a site that doesn't take up a lot of time, but provides some interesting connections and has exposed me to new blogs to read as well as new readers for my blog. Win-wins are good!

I hope you all had a lovely week and I will be back with actually interesting content tomorrow (I hope)!

5 comments:

Xavier Onassis said...

Don't forget jott.com!

Jott is the new twitter!

May said...

Hmmm.... how is jott like twitter? All I can tell is that you leave yourself voicemails?

Xavier Onassis said...

It's all about speech to text!

You can call jott on your cell, and have a voice message converted to text message and sent to anybody on your jott contact list (which can be imported from your existing contact list).

You can even send a voice to text post to twitter. So if you are driving and you see something you want to tweet about, just call jott, tell it what you want to say and have it converted to text and tweeted!

And you can subscribe to feeds. That allows you to call jott and it will read your feeds to you.

There is lots of other stuff too.

Xavier Onassis said...

The D was the one who brought it to my attention.

http://the-d-rules.com/newest-gadget/

Anonymous said...

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Seriously, no idea.