Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Your Mamma Shoulda Told You: Clean Up After Yourself

Today is the world premier of my new series of posts "Your Mamma Shoulda Told You." I hope you enjoy it. Let's begin, shall we?


Vinyl Ready Art - Road Signs
Image details: Vinyl Ready Art - Road Signs served by picapp.com

Litter has always pissed me off. I don't understand how someone can look at their community or their city as a gigantic garbage can, but I certainly can't. I love Kansas City and I want it to be beautiful. Even when I wasn't living here, I still hated how full of shit the streets of Pennsylvania and Seattle were, because someone wouldn't take thirty seconds to put something in the trash or recycling bin and just chucked it out their window instead.

Your mamma shoulda told you that you are responsible for your own mess. Stop expecting litter crews, concerned citizens - or worse - sewers to pick up your trash for you. Whether you want to recognize it or not, on the other side of your urban assault vehicle is a community you belong to. So stop acting like a spoiled brat and throw your trash away!

Related posts:
How To Go Green Without Really Trying
Detox Your Life (How To)
Fucking Recycle

Like what you see? Subscribe here


Add to Mixx!

Stumble This

5 comments:

DarkNemesis618 said...

I know what you mean, I used to live in Philly, and it was disgusting...

Mark said...

Good rant and good reminder for all of us.

meesha.v said...

conclusion:litter in a community you don't belong to!

Jenna said...

I can NOT stand seeing people throw stuff out of their car windows as they're driving down the street.

A couple of weeks ago I was walking in my hometown downtown and someone chucked a fast food soda glass out of their car -- right in the middle of the road.

Good post -- this is something I'm sure EVERYONE could stand to be reminded of.

May said...

Meesha, you crack my shit up.