Friday, May 9, 2008

Why I Can't Wait to See Kingdom of the Crystal Skull



I've been waiting to see the Indiana Jones trailer on the big screen and I finally got to watch it before Iron Man last night. OMG, I don't care what anyone else says, I can tell, I am going to absolutely love this movie. And I'll tell you why.

  • Harrison Ford looks like Harrison Ford should look - I don't know about you, but ever since H.F. got his ear pierced and let his hair go white... I've been less than impressed. But, damn, put that hat back on and I'm back to loving him like it was 1977 and he's doing the full-on Han Solo. Awesome! Even his wrinkles looked less wrinkledy.

  • Shai LaBeouf is playing the sidekick - I've loved this actor since he was on Even Stevens. He was the reason I watched the show at all, because, like Kenan & Kel, back in the day, his acting was always completely spot-on. Plus, then he went and starred in the adaptation of Holes (which I absolutely loved both as a book and a movie), proving that he can do seriousness just as well as goofiness. He's an amazing young actor and it doesn't hurt that he's growing up to be such a hottie.

  • Karen Allen is back to reprise her role as Marion - She was always my favorite Indy love interest. Whether it was the smoky voice (I've always wanted to sound like that, instead I have a little girl voice ::sigh::), the constant kidnapping attempts, the fact that she plays with a monkey, or her hellcat personality, I always thought Marion was the only chick fab enough for Indy. I'm totally jazzed to see her back and kicking ass (as I can only assume she will).

  • Cate Blanchett is playing the villian - Love her more than any actress alive. So smart and sexy and damn good at what she does. She will be more than half the reason my hand will be down my pants during this movie. Yum.
Related posts:
Indiana Jones and my Unrequited Crushes
Smiley Face (movie review)
Cloverfield: Movie Review
I Loved Juno

Like what you see? Subscribe here


Add to Mixx!

Stumble This

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't it Carrie Fisher who said that Harrison Ford always walks like he has a gun on his hip?

Xavier Onassis said...

I am looking forward to this as well!

If Harrison Ford can still kick ass and take names in his 60's, maybe I could do a sit up now and again.

I'm just sayin'.

Midgetqueen said...

I fully concur on all points. Especially when it comes to Shia LeBeouf and Karen Allen. Can't love 'em enough.