Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sushi Heaven is Domo Sushi & Grill

I ate some sushi I absolutely loved last night.

If you know me well, you know that is not a statement that should be coming out of my mouth. I've always been sad about my inability to enjoy sushi, but every time I ate it, I just hated it. Couldn't be helped. But now, thanks to Domo, that has all changed around for me.

Domo Sushi & Grill is tucked into Brookside Plaza between a Mexican restaurant and a fairly craptastic-looking bar, but when you walk in you forget about all that. The decor is simple and calming with lots of plants and flowers... except for the enormous TV that was showing salsa dancing on ESPN2. All the staff was Asian and the menu was impressive - even before I saw the entirely separate list of sushi they offer (more than I've seen offered anywhere)!

The veggie-only sushi options were minimal compared to the others (5 or 6 versus 30 or more), but they were all options I would probably eat. Of course, the fried veggie with cream cheese sushi sounded the best to me so I got that and some miso soup. My non-veg dinner companions ordered tuna sushi and green chicken curry, and no one walked away unhappy.

I could go on an on about this sushi, but I'll just say that it was absolutely the perfect sushi experience I've been waiting for.

Related posts:
Blue Kio v. Po's Dumpling Bar
Step Away from the Pita!
A Tasty Vegetarian "Burger 'n' Fries"
Ted's Montana Grill: Vegetarians Vaguely Welcome

Like what you see? Subscribe here


Add to Mixx!

Stumble This

No comments: