Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Step Away From the Pita!

Are there no good Mediterranean restaurants in Kansas City?

Jerusalem Cafe
kept getting suckier each time someone insisted we eat there. Now what is all up with that? First it was just their salads that seemed nasty, all sopping in dressing and what not. Then, the quality of the sandwiches started slipping and now I plain refuse to eat there. Plus, the service has gotten so shitty that I always get pissed off about it. And, I don't tend to frequent places where people piss me off, I don't know about you.

Aladdin's Cafe
was my great white hope after Jerusalem's epic fail, but after eating there once I never wanted to go back. The atmosphere was fine and the service was okay, but way slower than it should have been since we were the only people in the place. The veggie selection wasn't great, and even if it hadn't been, I wasn't too interested in much of anything on the menu. But I got an eggplant something and couldn't finish it, because it was just too disgusting. Even the rice wasn't very good, although the hummus was fine. It's hard to fuck up hummus, though.

But my point is, where the hell can I get some good Mediterranean food?

Related posts:
Blue Kio v. Po's Dumpling Bar (or Asian, not Wasian)
Ted's Montana Grill: Vegetarians Vaguely Welcome
Restaurant Review: Cancun Fiesta Fresh

Like what you see? Subscribe here


Add to Mixx!

Stumble This

3 comments:

DLC said...

Jerusalem Cafe has a bakery further down toward state line road that I much prefer. It more casual, kind of a buffet so no real service problems, except the dudes tend to be extra nice to the ladies if you know what I mean.

Habashi House in the City market is a good option if you haven;t tried it.

And you're right, Aladdin is super overrated.

May said...

Okay, I really got to get over to the City Market area sometime. People keep recommending me things over there.

Thank you for your suggestions! I will most definitely check them out.

meesha.v said...

Seconded Habashi's at City Market. Cheap, fast and tasty. Tried Jerusalem bakery in OP and Westport didn't care for either. There are some places on 87th st. west of I-35, and around between 75th and 87th on Metcalf. Also according to DLC above Arab owners of semi-Russian store now serve their food.