Monday, May 19, 2008

It's the Pits

After a comment interchange with meesha.v about armpit hair on my post Why I'm Never Shopping at Victoria's Secret Again, I was inspired to talk about this, once again. Especially since way back when I was first growing pit hair, I promised to keep people up to date with the reactions.

But first, here's the first and only picture of me letting it all hang out:


For the curious, that's as long as it gets (also, I notice this shirt is one I am too small for now... I look like I'm wearing a sack!). It's curly like a guys' (at the bottom right pit, that's a ringlet), and like a guys' it also means I get sweatier there sometimes. Otherwise, there's really no difference now that I've gotten used to it.

But I really find it strange that it's received no comments. At all! Not from family, not from friends, not from coworkers and not from strangers. So what am I supposed to take away from this? That everyone is cool with pit hair? I doubt it, but I really don't know why I've gotten zero comments on such a weird thing. I've gotten looks from strangers (like that varicose-vein-infested, over-the-hill housewife bitch at ATC the other day who was totally giving me evils) and some of my girl friends touch it & giggle, but nobody says nothing. Why do you think that is?

Related posts:
How to Seduce a Trekkie
Hairy Situations


Like what you see? Subscribe here


Add to Mixx!

Stumble This

9 comments:

Tony said...

First!!!!

AND YES!!!!!

TKC is all for letting it hang out or whatever. I'm not a big fan of armpit hair but this post is simply NICE.

May said...

heh. I wouldn't consider myself a "fan" either. But it does amuse me ^__^

DLC said...

in my experience armpit hair isn't all that unusual. I would certainly hope that you don't get weird looks or comments for it. of course this is KC, so you never know...

Anonymous said...

Hair is practical, smooth is sexy. Call it a learned response from my culture but that is what I am stuck with at this point.

I can live with either if the attitude is right. Went out with someone once who didn't shave but also just wasn't that clean. The two did not mix well.

I like pretty smells.

'nuff said.

May said...

Yeah, if this significantly changed my body odor factor, I wouldn't do it either. Luckily for me, my armpits smell like apricots.

meesha.v said...

totally stole my poll question for the next week.(I am still doing it anyway) i think the reason you don't get commentw is what I wrote here
http://www.kcmeesha.com/2008/05/05/dear-mean-russian-lady/
if I know anything about American "normal social graces" you are getting plenty of comments behind your back.

May said...

That's probably right, but strangers on the street never seem to have a problem to comment on the rest of physical appearance, so I don't know why they wouldn't do so for this too.

Dan said...

I have pit hair too. Though, I have never really given it much thought. In fact, I have hair almost everywhere. The only place I can't grow hair is the middle of my upper lip, which is really discouraging when try to grow any sort of stache. And I should not go without mentioning that spot on each shin where my socks have worn away my hirsuitness... quite disturbing.

Grow some back hair and I will really be impressed.

May said...

I'll get right on that.