Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Anti-"Sex and The City" Meme

Campaign for Unshaved Snatch (CUSS) & Other Rants is a blog that always cracks me up, or leaves me nodding my head, murmuring MMMMHmmm! to myself. But today, she posted a meme that made me do both, so I had to post it here. First, her reasoning for creating said meme:

I do love the idea that the show revolves around four female friends sharing their lives and supporting one another, but the fashion obsessions revolt me.

Spending $750 on a pair of stiletto heels just seems morally wrong. Not only because I can't fathom throwing away that kind of money on a freaking pair of shoes, but also it would just be more practical for me to pay a hit man $750 to break my ankles than to do so by wearing absurdly uncomfortable and dangerous shoes. The bags, hats, scarves, and whatever else was slavishly fawned over by the press and certain fans - just, ugh.

So, as the Sex and the City Movie comes to theaters near you and there is no escape from its press coverage, I present a meme for feisty, spirited women who share our lives and support one another, yet are also slovenly and/or miserly (or is it practical?)
So, in that spirit, here we go!
What's the cheapest pair of shoes you own?: I got a fabulous pair of kitten heels at the shoe store on sale for $5! That's the cheapest I've ever gotten a pair of new shoes. I had to do a little dance. And now I wear them just about every day.

What's your favorite piece of jewelry, if you own any?: I have this incredible necklace I bought from Kneehighs-n-Pigtails Jewelry on Etsy. It's made of beads & a big ole snake charm. I love it so much that I keep buying stuff from them to give other people.

What's your favorite t-shirt?: One from Old Navy that says "Save the Planet" or something. It's light, comfy, and my friend gave it to me.

If you could wear jeans every day, would you?: Hellz no! I'd wear a skirt or dress every day if it wasn't so cold most of the time. I have recently rediscovered my girlyness and it is way more fun to play dress up all day every day than to walk around in some tight ass denim.

Do you comb your hair every day?: Nope, I don't. And you can't make me.

Feel free to pick this up if you feel so inspired.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Awesome! I haven't had a good deal like that on shoes, like, ever.

And I am so glad that you like CUSS. I'm totally adding you to my blogroll!